Kori

Default Freight Harbor question

Bob, I think you found just what I need. I will go down to Freight Harbor
this evening and have a look at it. I only need to make two straight cuts to
make my carbide bit, so I did not want to spend too much.

Thanks Bob
**********************
Mr. Erwin
In answer to Mr. Erwin. The carbide cutting tool I am making goes on a
Rosback perfect binder. They only sell one type of cutting bit for this
machine, and I don't much care for it. I am not a machinist, so I am
learning as I go. I have already made and tested a few bits that work better
at roughing the spine of a book better than the ones Rosback sells. I just
wanted to make my bit cuts smoother, and I needed a support guide. I think
the x-y vise ($40) Bob suggested is what I need. The cutting bit that
Rosback sells cuts a groove in the spine every 1/4 inch. It works, but not
that well at holding the pages in a book. My cutting bit rips the complete
paper spine from end to end, which gives the glue more paper fibers to hold
on to. It makes a much stonger book. The Rosback carbide cutting tool is
shapped more like a sharpe knife blade, where mine is shapped more like a
1/4 rake. Anyway, I think the x-y vise will work for me.

Kori

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
Kori wrote:
... Does Freight Harbor have anything that might
help me make a jig to control the cuts more evenly? ...

How about mounting the Dremel in an x-y vise ($40):

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...itemnumber=106

and hold the stock in another vise. You could feed the Dremel in 2
directions.

Bob