Posted to alt.home.repair

Default =winter storm questions=

Promise the neighbor a few bucks and give him the title as Landlord.

Since your selling the home and its most likely empty, make sure
that there is oil in the tank (you'll get money for whatever is left
over
at the closing) and keep the house at 55.

If you have outside spickets, shut them off so they dont freeze up
on you.

Even if you have a GREAT relationship with your neighbor, giving them
something (money) is a good way of saying thanks for your help!
If it were me I would at least give them 100.00 to do the job.

I would leave a few old lamps out with timers attached. It'll at least
look like someone lives there. If the neighbor has a snowblower and
cleans out the property I would give them more than 100.00.
Again your selling your home, dont get ultra cheap when the closing
is coming down the road in the middle of winter. If the house is kept
up
and clean, it'll close just fine.