Todd L

Default Freight Harbor question

Kori is cutting carbide blanks, not HSS

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
You are shaping HSS lathe toolbits by faceting them using a diamond
cutoff disk on a Dremel tool?

Have you considered hitting a couple of yard sales and looking for
a bench grinder?

I suggest that you consider in a slightly larger sense what your
problem is. For example, if you say "how can I use a diamond cutoff
wheel more effectively" maybe there isn't a good answer. But if you
say "I'm trying to turn some 316 stainless on my lathe and it's
work-hardening, so I'm trying a different tool geometry on my 3/8"
HSS tool bits. I'm having trouble generating the tool bit geometry
I'm shooting for" then maybe someone would tell you how to turn
your stainless more easily.

Perhaps I'm wrong about what you're doing. I tend to interpret
things very literally. It's a common shortcoming in anyone who has
ever written software.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington

Kori wrote:

I have been using a Dremel tool with diamond cutting disks to make

custom
cutting bits. They look fairly good, but it's hard to get flat even

cutting
edges with this hand method. Does Freight Harbor have anything that

might
help me make a jig to control the cuts more evenly? Do they have a

diamond
cutting tool that is not too expensive that will work for me?

Kori