James Hart

Default recomend a good cordless screwdriver?

mike ring wrote:
"R P McMurphy" wrote in
:

i have a good corded drill with torque adjustment but its just not as
handy as a screwdriver. also its a pain to keep swapping and
changing from drill bit to screwdriver bit. got to have both ;-)
(that's what i tell swmbo!)

Me, too. I didn't dare own up but the very best tool I've had for
years was a B&D 2.4V driver that came free with a workmate.

With a locking drive so you can do the hard bit manually, two double
ended bits, the spare one held by an elastic band, the ability to
twiddle 20 or so turns once you're started, as handy as a nordinary
driver, it's been fantastic, but getting very battered.

I wish I coiuld get another at the price, but they charge fortunes
for them now

Mine got nicked on a job once and the replacement was one of the Versapack
ones, same as an ordinary B&D but with a removable 3.6V battery. Worth it's
weight in gold in my opinion, nowhere near as bulky as a drill so it fits in
the toolbox (or back pocket when you run out of hands up a ladder) and takes
the donkey work out of most of the 'driving. When it gets to the hard work
the thickness of it makes it very easy to get a lot of torque without your
hand feeling like it's going to drop off.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/