Posted to alt.home.repair
RP

Default prog. therm. and heat pump questions

wrote:

"Recovery time between sleep and wake settings isn't an issue as far as

energy cost is concerned, but it should be to be taken into account
when
adjusting the schedule times"

It sure sounds like it would be a big issue on a heat pump system with
electric aux heat. I think his concern was if he set the setback delta
too big, the aux electric heat could kick in.

I immediately addressed this in the follow-up post that I made, but yes,
you are correct. This is however something that scheduling alone, what
he asked about, won't cure. That option, if available, will be in the
setup menu which is typically difficult for the average homeowner to
make sense of. They could easily change some settings that don't need to
be changed. If he is interested in optimizing recovery via heat strip
lockout, then he should check his literature or contact the manufacturer.

hvacrmedic