Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snowblowers

Its already late in the season to get your pick of any unit...

10 HP??? Thats one way to look at them, usually its in
relation to its size (width)

There are a few things to work on....

How much money to you have to spend?

How large is the driveway????

What is it made of??? Rocks? have fun and make sure
not to aim the snow anywhere near the house or cars etc.

The larger the unit, the more difficult it is to move around.
That could be an interesting problem. How much snow do you get
on average??

The smaller (and lighter) the easier it is to move around.

As for brands.... Its real difficult to say "Buy Ariens its the best"
considering the same motor is really used on MANY other brands.
What I would look for at least with a larger motor is electric start
and
possibly a headlight. The only brand that I know of that makes (and
uses)
their own motors, is Honda. I have only heard great reviews of their
power
equipment. I have also heard they are VERY expensive!
In any two cycle blower these days, I would look for at least a steel
throwing
chute. I was a little annoyed looking at the sears (craftsman) units
using
plastic for that.

Hope this helps!