Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer

Default Decorative box extentions

"buffalobill" wrote in message
ups.com...
i've had your problem. you could put a gfi breaker in the nearby
subpanel. or what we did was install a wiremold kit and put in their
deepest surface mounted box but double or multiple width to give us
more options for lightswitch and switched outlets lights and fan and
outlet for this 1910 bathroom update.

Putting in a sub-panel is one of my "long term" solutions to several wiring
problems. In the short term I am stuck wtih the "Bulldog" pushmatic main
panel. I can't even get NEW replacement breakers of any type (plenty of
electricians still have them floating around in the backs of thier trucks.)

In another room, I did use a wiremold as an extension and cut out some of it
to make room for a switch. Painted black on a paneled wall it doesn't look
TOO bad. That's my fall back position using white paint.