Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default home depot

Mark D wrote:
One thing I hate about the HD we have in our town, is once you finally
succeed in finding what you are looking for, then try to check out, you
can't get out of the place.

There's numerous checkout lanes, with only 1 staffed. It's getting like
that everywhere though unfortunately. When a company/business looks to
cut overhead costs, and increase its profits, it seems it always points
its finger to the employees. Mark

Hang on Mark, things may get better at your HD in the future. The three
HDs I useshop at here around Red Sox Country, depending on where I
happen to be at the time, have at least a half dozen "self checkout"
stations and one "Associate" located there to give shoppers a hand with
stuff too large to slide over the scanner stations or other checkout
problems.

I held off trying them for a few months, then used one when the lines at
the open regular checkouts were atrociously long. I was pleasantly
satisfied to see how easy and fast it was. Wot the hay, If I'm going to
be my own clerk in a "self service" store, I might as well take it all
the way.

Jeff (Who remembers when department stores all had "floorwalkers".)

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)