Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob (but not THAT Bob)

Default home depot

SeaKan wrote:

i work at an hd. just an associate. what are your biggest pet peeves about
hd? anything in particular?

An "associate" is an entry-level attorney with a median salary of
$100,000 - they don't know how to use caps either.

On to some peeves:

Does some monkey always have to always have to close off the *only*
aisle that has what I drove all the way here to buy with those silly
toddler gates "for my safety"?

And when I asked about the common size Shop-Vac bags that were out of
stock, the guy checked the computer and found they weren't even on
order. It seems, he said, that corporate decides how many of certain
items a store needs, so they have too much of some stuff, not enough of
others.

All the tools, hardware, and gadgets you sell come in BOXES, right?

So why not a stack of empty boxes here and there so I can package all
the small items I need like caulk and pipe fittings and other stuff that
rolls off the bottom shelf of the lumber cart I'm transporting 2x10s to
the checkout with?

HD is set up for either large items that fit the lumber carts, or small
shopping cart stuff - but I always buy BOTH at the same time!

And speaking of all those boxes that undoubtedly get consigned to the
crusher, how about recycling a few at the checkout - joist hangers are
the natural enemy of those useless plastic bags you people try to pack
them in.