Posted to alt.electronics
Dan Hollands

Default Help with IR LED Strobe

--
"Frank" wrote in message
I have been trying to build an Infrared strobe. I have been able to make
the
diodes flash off and on using a 555 timer circuit. But I can not make them
strobe....I'm missing something here ????
What do I need to do to make the IR diodes STROBE BRIGHTLY not just turn
off
and on ( I use Night vision equipment to see them). I purchased a real IR
Strobe (40 dollars) but its encased and I can't determine how
they made it strobe very brightly with just 3 diodes and a 9v battery. I'm
sure I need to hit the diodes with either a much larger voltage than
normal
or something...
Any help would be great.

thanks
Frank

Without knowing your circuit it is hard to offer advice.

What is the difference between "Strobing" and flashing on and off

I am guessing that the commercial unit puts a lot of current thru the diode
for a very short time to make bright pulse

Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr
Webster NY 14580
585-872-2606