Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default New woodworking tool gloat

Owen Lawrence (in ) said:

| Congrats. Why not put a couple of slots in the metal lip (the one
| that goes under your hand), and attach it to the wooden board with
| wing nuts on countersunk bolts? Then you could recalibrate with
| ease any time and every time.

Thanks.

I'd given this idea some thought. I like the wing nut idea but that
makes replacement of the wooden rail a PIA (requires accurate rail
drilling plus countersinking plus machine screw and wing nut) that I'd
rather avoid. With the current setup, all it takes is three screws and
a strip of inexpensive 1x1 to minimize part costs, have easy field
maintainance, and reliable accuracy.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar