Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Default Amazing kickback!

Toller wrote:
I was cutting some 1/8x1/8 strips. I knew they would kick back pretty good
so I got anything breakable out of the way.

One hit the wall 8' back and then bounced 15' nearly hitting the opposite
wall. I wonder what kind of velocity is necessary for a trick like that.
The other 5 were less dramatic.

Yeh, I know I could have avoided it by cutting them off, rather than cutting
them; but the saw was setup perfectly from cutting them to width.

How does a piece of wood that tiny hit a wall and
not break all to pieces instead of bouncing? Must
be damned tough wood?