Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default GMB Union

David wrote:

No, you're wrong the Crown estate is in name only, the Royals receive no
income from the crown estates, the only bit of land that belongs to the
Crown is the foreshore and that is just an administrative thing and does
give it some protection.

I wonder if you can explain something to me...

What is a 'foreshore'?

I ask, cos I work at a school as site supervisor and I was passing a
group of primary children that were having a reading class.

As I passed the group, one of the children asked 'what is a shore'?

The teacher replied that she did not know. I jumped in and said that it
was that part of the beach that is covered between low and high tide and
that it was called a foreshore.

Am I right?

Dave