Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Default Light Sensitive Light Fittings

Kev wrote:
Has anybody use the type that fit into a bayonet fitting. I bought a
couple to use when I am on holiday but they don't seem to be very
reliable as they aren't coming on when it turns dark. If I then switch
them off then on they will come on and off again at the preset time but
then won't come on again when it gets dark.
I am now thinking of fitting on the light switch one of those immersion
heater timers.

There are available at our local Morrisons, 24h/15min timers for 3.99
for 2.
Add a couple of table lamps, and these may suit.