Andy Hall

Default Hot water pressure

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:24:58 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

P.S A water softner needs to be placed somewhere...

That also needs to be a high flow model. Most are these days, but it
will have something of a reducing effect on flow. Generally they are
quite small so finding a home should not be too big an issue.

It may be prudent to check the cold mains and then get a softener
supplier in to do a demo. Measure the rate that you get then and see
if it is enough.

You flailed on the softener.

I didn't flail anything. Are you into flagellation?

He can use a phosphor descaling canister which
is only £45 from B&Q.

He could do, but it isn't a water softener, and that was what was
mentioned. As you well know a phosphor descaler only does that
specific job, it does not soften the water.

And you failed on the combi.

I didn't fail on anything because I wasn't taking any test.

Many high flowrate
combi's can deliver the flowrate, and you don't know the flowrate yet.

Precisely, which is why I left the issue open, simply pointing out
that the high flow rate that is likely to be required, may well be
beyond the abiliy of one combi, always assuming that the mains supply
can deliver the flow.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl