Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Breaker blowing

fish wrote:
A breaker in my service panel has blown, it serves the smoke detectors
in the house and some ceiling fans, and some lights in the basement.
the ceiling fans have not been in service since the summer, the lights
in the basement havent changed since installation. this breaker has
blown and now it wont go back on.

When you say it won't go back on, do you mean exactly that or when you
try to turn it back on it makes a short hum noise and shuts back off? Are
you turning it all the way off and then trying to turn it back on?

Is there a serious electrical
problem in my house or has the breaker died?

Thanks,
Fish

--
Joseph Meehan