Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Amazing kickback!

With a proper push block, you could have cut them all day long with no hint
of a problem.
You know something's not going to work and you do it anyway. Bright.

"Toller" wrote in message
I was cutting some 1/8x1/8 strips. I knew they would kick back pretty

good
so I got anything breakable out of the way.

One hit the wall 8' back and then bounced 15' nearly hitting the opposite
wall. I wonder what kind of velocity is necessary for a trick like that.
The other 5 were less dramatic.

Yeh, I know I could have avoided it by cutting them off, rather than

cutting
them; but the saw was setup perfectly from cutting them to width.