Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default New woodworking tool gloat

J T (in ) said:

| Now I
| just hope the guy isn't gonna outsource 'em to Mexico, or China.

I don't think that's going to happen. Plans are to have 'em laser cut
right here in Iowa. I was asked to set up the part programming to mill
a promotional batch out of 6061 aluminum using the 'Bot in my shop.
That prospect makes me a little nervous because I've never
(intentionally) used the machine to cut metal before.

His other product, the Saw-Jaw, is made just down the road from me at
the same facility that made the molded plastic parts for my Kreg Jig.
My guess is that production will stay in Iowa.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar