Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Clausing spindle bearings-help!

In article , Gunner Asch says...

There is indeed a cylinder inside the head, but its a hard pressfit
into the headstock casting and pinned via a steel taper pin from top
dead center of the headstock. I actually broke one free from a
headstock that had a heavily rusted in bearing. Using my 20lb bearing
knocker with a 10lb sledge sorta got it moveing...G

It would make sense to me if it did (contact the outer races)
because that would be one way for them to eliminate the thermal
differential expansion issues.

But IRRC..the cylinder doesnt contact the outer race. Ive still to do
that DV-59 yet...Ive had pnuemonia ..sigh and Ill check carefuly when
I yank the spindle.

Pneumomia is nothing to fool with. I've noticed you were sparse
around here lately. That's the sort of thing you have to watch
for or you will end up in the hospital for a while - like ms.
Mulligan did two years ago. Hope you are on the mend.

Jim

please reply to: