Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default GMB Union

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:42:40 GMT, Roger
wrote:

The message
from Andy Hall contains these words:

Don't forget that there is a lot more to what trade unions offer their
members than just collective bargaining on pay (and conditions of
service equivalent to pay - things like holidays). In many cases they
provide an individual with a counter-balance to the size, weight,
expertise and legal budgets of the employer.

Sorry, but the boot should be on the other foot. The employee
should be positioning himself such that he is sufficiently attractive
to the employer in terms of what he offers and can negotiate for
himself.

Spoken like a true capitalist. The better each employee gets the more
profit the capitalist can get for the same outlay in wages.

I make no apology for being a capitalist - it's
the one sustainable approach to economics.

Yep. Open up land to the capitalist open market. I'm all for it.

** snip Mattness and Rogerness **

Belonging to a union makes the conflict
tween employer and workforce
much more equal - One to one.

Sigh.... There should not *be* a conflict.

Boy!!! Are you naive to life!!!

** snip Mattness and Rogerness **