Posted to alt.home.repair
Tellmeaboutit

Default How to wire a switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about after he sells the house and some future owner wants to plus his
Plasma TV into it while having lights on at the same time? This is why we
have a building code, houses outlive owners unless they're wired
incorrectly. Then it's a toss-up.

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message
ink.net...
I don't know what the Code says nowadays either. But it certainly *can* be
done safely especially if we are only talking about a couple of fixtures
drawing maybe 1 or 2 A a piece.

If this new room has several outlets on different walls I think it would
be
more useful to put some of them on one circuit and the others plus the
light fixtures on another circuit rather than fixtures on one, outlets on
another. But, again, I don't know what the Code's opinion is. My way
gives the room more practical ampacity plus if you do trip a circuit the
entire room doesn't go dark.

Disclaimer: Opinion only