Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne

Default battery question

On 10 Dec 2005 09:01:00 +0100, Larry Green

NiMH batteries are better suited to high discharge applications (digital
cameras are a prime example) where they significantly out perform
alkalines. The discharge curve is also 'flatter' than NiCAD or alkaline
which means they provide max power for longer but then suddenly go
'flat'. NiMH batteries (like NiCADs) are prone to self discharging and a
fully charged battery will discharge while sitting even if it is not in
any equipment.
A very useful source for battery information can be found at the
following link.....

http://www.buchmann.ca/

HTH

You answered one question that I just happened to want to know
when your post showed up, but you missed the other one.
What's the discharge curve for a lithium ion battery? Is it
flat also? I didn't find the answer on the website you mentioned.

Wayne D.