Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Garage door opener

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:22:38 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

"Hank" wrote:

Has anyone ever bypassed the electric eye in a garage door opener? Some
value resistor should simulate a properly adjusted eye.

Hank

Why do that?

I mounted mine high enough that it could see my 4x4. Don't have kids
so protecting them wasn't an issue.

Wish I had a way to check if my ham radio antenna was erected before I
drove in.

Your 4x4 gets erections?

Install a little phosphor bronze rubbing strip which connects a red
(yellow, blue?) dash light to ground when the antenna is up, Hank.

Proud (occasional) maker of Hungarian Paper Towels.
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design