Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default Brass 360 temp chart

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 13:31:16 GMT, "John Wizman"
wrote:

Basically what I am interesteed in doing is heating something that is inside
of the brass to a specific temp of around 500 degrees.

Inductive heater and a temp probe to set your reference.

Lead melts at about 550, so simply upending it and sticking it in a
pot of molten lead may be below liquidus at 500F

"John Wizman" wrote in message
k.net...
I am interested in finding out where there is a color graph for 360 brass
temperatures. Thanks
John

???

I'm having a hard time understanding your purpose. It might help to
explain your objective. Unlike heat treating carbon steels, I'm not
sure
you'd gain much from visual observations.

Harold

for torturing the cat." Gunner