Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Level Granite counter tops

wrote:
I'm willing to live with it. I would just like to know if a reputable
contractor would consider this nit picking or a reasonable request. It
may be only .004 of an inch but it stands out because everything else
is so smooth. I don't work with granite so I don't know what is
acceptable and what isn't. Any one have a professional opinnion or had
a similar situation?

I already gave you my professional opinion. It can be ground down and
it is nitpicking. Be aware that, depending on the skill of the
craftsman doing the work, hand work can leave a surface that might have
as high of a polish as the surrounding stone, but not be dead flat with
that smooth mirror like reflection. As a friend was fond of saying,
"The enemy of good is better."