Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Test indicator dumb questions

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

The actual linear sensitivity of a last word type indicator ...

While that appears to be true of the B&S indicators I've used, as is often
the case with a Last Word, the lack of movement of the hand is not an
indication of perfect alignment. Once the error falls below a thou, they
often won't display, so you are lulled into a false sense of proper
alignment.

That's why I said "last word type" there - I am very well aware
of your feelings about starrett's offerings in those instruments.

And in fact I did purchase a BestTest indicator at work - and
was suitably impressed by it's quality in comparison.

Still, I wonder if maybe your starrett instrument is sticky or
dirty - mine will read reliably inside two of the thou lines
on the dial.

Jim

please reply to: