Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

Default impact wrench

Are you sure your lug nuts aren't rusted onto the studs? You can borrow,
rent or buy a much more powerful impact wrench but you might end up just
breaking off the stud.

"habbi" wrote in message
I have what I thought was a decent quality cambell hausfeld 1/2" gun which
is rated at 380 ftlbs. All fitting are 1/4" M style and hose is 25' 3/8"
ID.
It will not remove my lug nuts from my chev 1/2 ton truck. I tried
pressures
from 90 up to 120 psi with no luck. It removed a few of them but some will
not loosen at all. I am using 1/2" drive impact sockets as well. Anyway
are
these guns over rated, it is made in Taiwan. I noticed some ingersoll rand
and even sears brands rated up to 600-700 ftlbs, is this what I need. I
tried a friends Chicago pneumatic and it would not spin the nuts either.
Also there is an Allen set screw type plug in the side of the gun and it
says oil, how do you know how much to put in? Thanks