Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Advice on circular saw blades

Gogs wrote:

Can I confirm that the actual supplied blade is only about 12/16 tooth.
surely I dont want to be attempting to cut the worktop or even units
back with that do I.

As long as you have the saw on the reverse side of the board you will
get a clean cut.

I cut some black worktop for a friend a couple of days ago on my table
saw. That has a similar general purpose blade in it (it has a few more
teeth - but only by virtue of it being a bigger blade). No masking tape
used, and no chipping either.

If in doubt make a test cut on the very end of the worktop - or better
still on a scrap bit.

I was hoping the summit or silverline blades might be ok since they are
quite a good price, has anyone never used the summit ones.

Nope not tried the summit ones. Have used some silverline blades
(reciprocating saw) though - nothing special, but cheap as you say.

--
Cheers,

John.