Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default GMB Union

"Roger" wrote Rogerness in message
k...
The message ews.net
from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

The real reason that building land
is so expensive

Roger, you are wrong as usual. Rogerness
is getting the better of you. This is what
Orwell said of the parasites, er sorry tapeworms:

Dribble you are a clueless ****wit.

More Rogerness. Roger, I didn't write it, George Orwell did. He is famous,
you probably don't know that.

"If giving the land of England back to
the people of England is theft, I am
quite happy to call it theft. In his zeal to
defend private property, my
correspondent does not stop to consider
how the so-called owners of the land
got hold of it. They simply seized it by
force, afterwards hiring lawyers to
provide them with title-deeds. In the
case of the enclosure of the common
lands, which was going on from about
1600 to 1850, the landgrabbers did not
even have the excuse of being foreign
conquerors; they were quite frankly
taking the heritage of their own countrymen,
upon no sort of pretext except that they
had the power to do so. Except for the
few surviving commons, the high roads,
the lands of the National Trust, a certain
number of parks, and the sea shore below
high-tide mark, every square inch of England
is 'owned' by a few thousand families. These
people are just about as useful as so many
tapeworms. It is desirable that people should
own their own dwelling houses, and it is
probably desirable that a farmer should own
as much land as he can actually farm. But
the ground-landlord in a town area has no function
and no excuse for existence. He is merely
a person who has found out a way of
milking the public while giving nothing in
return. He causes rents to be higher, he
makes town planning more difficult, and he excludes
children from green spaces: that is literally all
that he does, except to draw his income.
The removal of the railings in the squares
was a first step against him. It was a very
small step, and yet an appreciable one, as
the present move to restore the railings shows.
For three years or so the squares lay open, and
their sacred turf was trodden by the feet of
working-class children, a sight to make
dividend-drawers gnash their false teeth.
It that is theft, all I can say is, so much the
better for theft."
- George Orwell

B.Liar was wrong.

Roger, George Orwell wrote it. It says up there. A few lines up.

He might have been right about the
enclosure acts

Oh he was.

but today (and indeed when B.Liar
was writing) most landowners acquired
their property legally.

Rogerness again. Orwell says up there. "They simply seized it by force,
afterwards hiring lawyers to provide them with title-deeds."

I am however prepared to admit one small
exception. You lay claim to 2 properties
which no doubt you stole from
their rightful owners.

No I bought them. I did not "seized them by force, afterwards hiring lawyers
to provide them with title-deeds".