Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default floor makes noise when walked on

SS wrote:

My house is roughly 2 years old. I notice that when I step on some
sections of the carpetted floor, it makes crackling noise - esp if I
haven't setpped into a room in a while and if I walk through it now.
The noise issue is more so during winter. I also hear pops sometimes
behind walls and above ceilings. Should I be worried? or is it normal
process of framings going through expansion contraction process.

thanks
SS

Might the crackling noise be the carpet padding?