Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Kenmore Dryers 80 series

wrote:

someone told me that if the dryer is shutting off with no
pattern---runs for 30 min...shuts off...runs for 5 minutes ...shuts
off.........then try to connect the 2 blue wires together in the
back...??? anyone got any thoughts on that before I burn something
up???our local pros here (Brubakers in Lancaster PA) charged $65.00 and
left....he had never seen this model before!

Hi,
65.00 for doing nothing? Wow, you're nice guy.
No matter what model they all work on same principle.
And there is wiring diagram on the panel usually.
Jumpering two wires means you're bypassing something such as
over temp. sensor(for safety). You said burning something up?
Go figure. How about for a starter, clean the dryer right out and
make sure there is no blockage in the vent side.
Have fun,
Tony