Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich

Default Duct Tape, or what?

"Walter R." wrote in message
I am trying to seal my old hot air heating/air conditioning ducts. I was
told not to use the traditional duct tape, but to use special tape and
mastic. My ducts are the flexible type, with a thin layer of insulation.

I found several kinds of metal tape at the HD. Are they all suitable for
heating systems? The assistant did not have a clue.

I did not find any mastic at the HD. Any recommendation for the mastic and
where to buy it?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Use aluminum tape 1-2 mil thick that is the best thing I have found to seal
ducts. Duct tape only sticks to itself over time. The other thing I used two
houses ago was butyl sp caulk it doesn't dry it stretches and gives with
out giving up.

Rich