Posted to alt.home.repair
Hobo

Default Level Granite counter tops

We just had new granite counter tops installed and are mostly very
pleased with the results. The one minor area of concern is where the
two slabs meet and form a seam. Visualy they did a good job but you
can feel that there is a slight difference in height from one slab to
the other. It is probably only the thickness of a piece of paper in
difference but when you pass your hand over it or slide a wine glass or
coffey cup over it there is a clunk. They did send a guy back once to
"finish" the seam and he did smooth it out quite a bit but I'm
wondering if that's as good as he can get it? I don't know what is
possible with granite or how difficult it is to do something like this.
If it is a really big deal and some height variation from slab to slab
is expected then I'm ok with it but If it possible I would like to have
the two sections even. At the back of the seam they are even and it
makes for a nice transition, very smooth and no clunking as glasses and
cups pass over it. The fellow who did the seam work didn't seem to
like doing it. Which is always a bad sign.