Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default home depot

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:05:21 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"SeaKan" wrote in message
i work at an hd. just an associate. what are your biggest pet peeves
about hd? anything in particular?

Many of the "associates" are not customer oriented.

Just one example. I needed a sheet of plywood cut and the "associate"
complained that he had other work to do. THIS IS HIS JOB to cut sheet
goods.

Some "associates" are knowledgeable, but others can't tell you where the
restrooms are.

I often prefer the local hardware store when I want someone who knows
about hardware.

The merchandise is strictly mass market goods. If you want a better quality,
off to the local stores. I'd never buy another screw at HD as they are
strictly junk compared to what I get at many other places. HD is good for
lightbulbs, some tools, and a few brand name commodity items, but not a
consideration for appliances (better service and pricing locally) or a
decent grade of lumber. I bought my Pella patio door at the dealer right
cross from HD as the HD store only sold a cheap version, not the better
grade.

BTW, why do stores use the term "associate" when you are really a retail
clerk? There is no shame in that and I imaging the pay is about the same.

Wal-Mart calls their clerks "associates" too. I was in the store one
morning, when they were having a meeting. It sounded like a cult.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com