Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Set Square

Default Taxan monitor focus problem

Further to my earlier post about my Taxan 21" monitor being dead, I've
managed to get inside the power supply - and found that a 4 amp fuse had
blown. I've replaced the fuse, and the monitor is now working again -
yippee!

However, the picture quality isn't too wonderful - lacking general clarity
and focus. I've trimmed all the usual contrast/brightness settings etc. to
no avail. There's probably a focus adjustment somewhere inside, but I don't
really know what to look for.

Is anyone familiar with this beast or, better still, does anyone have access
to a service manual? It is a Taxan Ergovision 2160TCO95 - made by Kaga
Electronics (which appears to part of Mishubishi) in Japan in 1998.

Failing that, can anyone point to any generic instructions - preferably with
pictures - for identifying and adjusting the focus controls of a CRT
monitor?

I accept that it may not be possible. It's even possible that some non-fatal
component or other failed and caused the fuse to blow, and maybe had a
detrimental effect on the focus. But I'd like to try to rescue the monitor
if possible - it's barely useable in its existing condition.

TIA.
--
Cheers,
Set Square