Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark Jerde

Default OT(?) WRECK Merry Christmas -- Tom Plamann Site Update

I had a brain fart while looking through abpw today... Follow along if you
can.

Tom Plamann does outstanding woodworking.
http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/door/

His office looks like a cathedral. (See abpw "shop office" 12/3/2005 6:52
PM.)

Unfortunately he's too busy woodworking to update his web site as often as I
would like... ;-)

Facts:
1. There are WRECKers who maintain great web sites, some professionally
(for hire).
2. Mr. Plamann does not update his web site as frequently as I wish he
would. Weekly (or daily) updates come to mind.
3. Web site maintenance can be outsourced.
4. I am willing to support said outsourced web site maintenance of Tom
Plamann's site the same amount as a magazine subscription. ($24 / year or
$2 / month.) Looking at his new postings gives me as much inspiration as an
issue of e.g. ShopNotes or Wood.

The Idea (brain fart):

Tom Plamann's site is (one time or (the best case) frequently) updated, to
the benefit of all woodworkers, by:
- Site maintenance outsourced to an expert, hopefully a woodworker, and
- $upported by contribution$ of interested WRECKer$.

Questions for the WRECK.

1. Who i$ willing to join me in $upporting update$ to Tom'$ web $ite?
2. Are there web-expert WRECKers willing to maintain Tom's site?

I have not emailed Mr. Plamann but I assume he would not be opposed to more
frequent updates of his web site.

Thoughts? Comments?

-- Mark