Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
yourname

Default Turning darts(dartboard type, not blowgun type)

Actually, having seen many,many darts that suffered the "Robin Hood"
effect, I think the problem is that the flight holder ends are cut
perpendicular to the shaft axis, leaving a nice flat surface to impact
with the next dart tip.

Would seem wiser to buy the buck and a half ones and file to your hearts
content.

Second, most people sharpen their dart tips
increasing the possibility of the RH scenario. With the common bristle
boards, sharp dart tips are rarely necessary. I plan to round over the

A nice point, not really sharp actually, but nice, will lower the bounce
outs and fall outs. They get dinged up hitting the metal.