Posted to alt.home.repair
Rastus

Default What is this heating valve?

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:15:17 +0000, Diezmon wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out what kind of valves I have here. I have a hot water
baseboard heating system. There are some valves in line that look like
they're a shutoff/gate of some kind.

They say "THRIFT" on one side, and "B V 3/4" on the other. They use a
standard screwdriver to turn them, and they'll turn all the way around, so I
assume you turn 90 degrees for open, and another 90 for closed.

These look like balancing valves, maybe someone with more
hydronic experience can explain further.