Cuezilla

Default south bend 10L lathe

Looking at a south bend 10L on the stand with the drawers and curved
stand. I do cue work and I am always in the market for another lathe.
This one is good for me because of the big spindle bore. According to
South bend it was delivered in 1944. The guy wants $1000. for it. I
can't get my hand in my pocket for that much but would like to have
it. I know a lot of people like this lathe. If I can't get him down
should I consider giving him what he wants? It sounds high. Also what
are the chances I will come across another lathe like this, are they
common lathes? I am in Fort Lauderdale Fl. Anyone got anything for
sale in my area. I keep watching the paper but there are never any
lathes for sale in my area. Thank you.