Posted to alt.home.repair
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Default home depot

Kyle Boatright ) said...

"SeaKan" wrote in message
i work at an hd. just an associate. what are your biggest pet peeves
about hd? anything in particular?

Most of my peeves come when I either can't find an associate, which is
usually a staffing issue,

I find that one often enough. If I need the associate to get something
from an upper shelf, I find that if I start to move one of those stairs
on wheels, someone usually comes pretty quickly! ;-)

or when I do find one and s/he doesn't know enough
about the product(s) or have enough how-to knowledge to help me...

While I have run into associates who are lacking in the product knowledge
area (I recently needed a cut piece of 14/2 BX cable -- when I asked for
3 metres of 14/2 BX he responded, "BX?" -- not a good sign!), my bigger
peeve is quite the opposite.

I usually just need someone to get something from an upper shelf (see
my solution above!). Since HD prides itself in hiring associates with
trade knowledge, every idiot who can't spend an hour reading a book or
looking on web pages or in Usenet have to monopolize associates' time
with questions that are answered in books usually on display within a
few yards of where they are asking the questions.

I just need a ladder-climber, sometimes one with a little strength.

But I have to wait for Mr. Idiot to ask his 423 questions to the
associate (if I'm lucky -- usually there are five Mr. Idiots with just
as many questions ahead of me!).

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon