Posted to alt.home.repair
John Sheehy

Default Venting Tankless Hot Water Heater

Yeah, that's what i meant. Could a installer make/modify the venting so
that it could be used in common and that it is safe?

"Bubba" ReMoVe wrote in message
You can use the existing vent if it is the PROPER SIZE and PROPER
TYPE. If it needs stainless and you dont currently have stainless then
you CANT do it. It needs to be done By The Book! No cheating.
Bubba

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 03:43:20 GMT, "John Sheehy"
wrote:

So then is it fair to say that a knowledgable installer could properly
size
the venting so that the current vent could be used/modified. If that is
the
case, then that would be something i would be willing to pay someone for
their expertise. I just don't want to have a bunch of vents coming out of
my house when i could have had 1.

"Bubba" ReMoVe
wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:06:04 -0600,
(m Ransley)
wrote:

It is a power vent I believe so combining 2 would force air back into
your furnace or inside, not good. I vent horizontal with my bosch
Aquastar 120 into a 12" stainless hood that pretty much directs geat
away, as I have flamable Cedar, But I still removed the cedar around the
vent any you could and use sheet metal. Outside air, what about freezing
the unit and ruining it, read the manual. You are aware you need a Big
gas line to feed it, is it 180000 btu, be sure you have the right size.

Hmmmm. I guess Ive been doing it wrong all these years then? I also
guess that GAMA venting tables are all wrong too? Might I suggest you
follow this link:
http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/docum...vent%20tab.pdf
It is on page 4 of the .pdf but is numbered page 1.
Look for "Fan + Nat" A little reading is in order
Bubba