Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Default Buying new furnace & AC - questions

Tony Hwang wrote:
m Ransley wrote:
Unless you live where your heat bill is mimimal like Fla get a 90%+
unit, my Ng is up 60%.

Hi,
I am in Alberta. When NG price goes above 8.50 per Giga Joule,
provincial government provides cushion above that in the form of
rebate on our NG bill. Throughout heating season the program costs
about 800 mil. Your country can invade a sovereign nation at a great
monetary/human cost but no such program for people struggling with
basic needs? Every one in Alberta gets 400.00 check in the mail new
year comes. Government is swimming in black ink.
Tony

If your meal at a restaruant exceeds 2,000 calories, does the government
step in and pay the difference?

Why should the US help someone struggling with "basic needs" in Alberta?
Your provincial government has a monopoly on that area. If you're talking
about "basic needs" in the US, we do. It's called Florida.

And in the pot/kettle mechanism, Canada invaded a soverign nation, at a cost
of 1000 lives in nine hours. August 19, 1942. Canada tried again two years
later, with even greater loss of life.