Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
yourname

Default Turning darts(dartboard type, not blowgun type)

Tom Gardner wrote:
Wouldn't you be better off threading the body for standard shafts? You're
going to ruin the shafts anyway, they're expendable. I think there are two
standard threads. Stainless isn't dense enough, use tungsten or depleted
uranium.

Bingo, first Robin Hood and all that work down the drain.

Also, you probably want to make them out of tungsten, for its density.
2nd choice is brass. I made one for a guy years ago, to replace a lost
one from a set he loved. matched it for weight and rough end to end
balance. I don't think it was pure tungsten, but I honestly can't remember