Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Electric Heaters

It happens that Alec formulated :
Morning All. I have a 2m X 6m UPVC conservatory with warmup under tile
heating. Although this warms the floor well and takes the cold edge out
of the room it isn't warm enough to keep the conservatory doors open
into the house so it isn't getting much use during the winter. I would
like to use a free standing heater on a timer so I can set it up to run
at the same time as the central heating so the room is still part of
the house (if you know what I mean). So I really would like to know
which type of heater would be the cheapest to run. I have been leaning
toward oil filled but I may be wrong am I ?

A 3Kw oil filled heater, or a 3kw fan heater, or a 3kw radiant heater
will all cost exactly the same amount to run.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)