Ron Thompson

Default lathes for a newbie

Archive is at Google.
http://snurl.com/1xor
Or, if you prefer:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...indow=1&safe=o
ff&group=rec.crafts.metalworking

--

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast
USA

http://www.plansandprojects.com

Where did everyone go? Oh, yeah.
Y'all come, ya hear?
*******
"Zipper" wrote in message
news:NJ0Wa.24152$Ho3.4351@sccrnsc03...
I was curious if anyone had any advice for a lathe for a complete newbie.

have done a little MIG welding and I'm really enjoying metal working and
would like to continue. I've thought about getting a lathe, but I really
don't know that much about it. From looking around, I'm not really sure

how
reasonable getting a lathe is since I don't have a lot of money, but I
thought I'd ask. I'm trying not to pay more the a $600 for a lathe, and I
realize this won't even buy me a decent one. Any help would be

appreciated.
Sorry if this question has been asked, but this newsgroup doesn't seem to
archive.