Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default YPrPb -- VGA

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:08:22 -0500, "Michael Kennedy"
wrote:

I have a LCD projector that has VGA inputs and a DVD player that has YPrPb
output. I was wondering if it were possible to wire the YPrPb directly to
the VGA port. This probably depends on if the projector supports the non
standard input or not, but I would like to know which pins I would need to
connect the component video to.

You can buy converters for this for around $100-$200. Your DVD player
needs to output progressive scan for it to work with a VGA input. I
use one made by a company called Audio Authority for my video
projector. A few DVD players will output RGB, but these are very
rare. Every DVD player is capable of RGB, but the feature is almost
never enabled.

As others have said, it's a simple task in theory, but building
something that would work well is not a trivial task.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005