Posted to sci.electronics.repair
SomeBody

Default Monochrome monitor questions?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 04:25:34 +0000, SomeBody wrote:

I'm repairing a few monochrome monitors, these are 9" in size.

The problem I'm having is the screen has vert. lines spaced about every
1/2 in, they are about 1/2" in width. I believe it would be called
ghosting?

The pc board consist of some discreet components and two IC chips.
TDA1175 (vert) and TDA1180 (Hor). Both chips have been replaced as well as
the tube.

Any ideas what the problem could be, an area to look at?
I have a copy of a schematic, but don't now how to post it here for
viewing.

Thanks.
Jeff

An -UPDATE- on the jailbar problem.

It turned out to be some newer type FBT we installed on an older
board, since the old style FBT were not available. We pulled a few old
style flybacks from scrap boards and installed them on the boards in
question. The problems on this sample lot all disappeared.

Thanks.

--
A7N8X-Deluxe, AMD XP2500+ (Un-locked)
2x256mb Crucial PC3200 DDR ram