jim rozen

Default Mini Lathe Bed Extention

In article , Gary says...

A 12x36 bench lathe will weigh under 1,000 pounds. There should be
no worries about the floor handling that weight (less than a waterbed).
The machine, minus stand, should be about 2 feet by 5 feet. Should be
easy to stand it up on a refrigerator dolly in any elevator that can handle
4 or 5 people.

Actually I was gonna say... anyone who would tackle the job
of grafting two lathe beds together (and that one web page
I saw really was nifty) could *certainly* figure out a way
to a) move a larger machine up an elevator and b) shoe-horn
it into a tight space.

And yes, I was the person who had a 9" atlas lathe (four
foot bed) in my kitchen when I lived in MA years ago.

Jim

please reply to: