Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg

Default Joints for bed

Frank Drackman wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd agree that biscuits wouldn't be sufficient for any structural joint
on a bed frame. I'm working on a mission style bed frame also, and I'm
using the connectors from the first reply post to connect my side rails
to the posts, and large m&t's to connect the headboard pieces to the
posts.
Look around at Rockler.com - there are a few different types of
hardware to connect side rails to the posts.
Good luck,
Andy

I have never found the connectors shown, on the Rockler website, from the
original reply to be sufficient. My first few beds I used those connects
and received complaints of squeaky/wobbly beds. I switched to bed bolt
fasteners and have no more complaints. I am sure that they are available
other places but Less Vally has them.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...842,41269&ap=1

I believe if you scroll down on that site you'll find bed bolts too. I just
wanted to give him options. I'm not pushing Rockler but I have one down the
street and it's usually the first thing that comes up on a Google search.
Its amazing what you find on google if you just ask?

--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"