Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Adding new circuit to a panel.

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Jeff wrote:

If you do attempt this for safety wear sneakers, leather gloves, and
eye protection. The last is important because if you short something
it may throw molten metal at you.

Yes, the dangerous part about electricity is that at line voltage levels
you can't see, hear or smell it. And if you chance to feel it, it may
just bite you or make you jump enough to bash yourself on something sharp.

Then again, I still remember the words of a middle aged Brit prof back
in my college daze circa 1954 who tought a course I was taking called
"Rotating Machinery" (All about electric motors, generators and stuff
like that.) We were working with three phase 440 volt equipment when he
told us, "You smen will never be good electrical engineers until you
learn to 'take' a shock!" G

Jeff

Hi,
Hmmm, don't know about 440V but I use to check 120V with my two right
hand fingers. I don't do it any more.
Tony